Welcome to Joyus Toyus USA, the only hybrid custom plush toy factory operating in the United States!
None of our competitors operate their own USA factory, so be suspicious of anyone who advertises that their company is USA-based. They are only referring to their offices and not an actual toy factory. 100% of their finished custom plush toys are imported from overseas.
Main Factory Location (open to the public by appointment only)
We are now scheduling tours for this location, starting in March of 2023. Due to its visibility and ongoing construction, we are not disclosing the address at this time. However, once construction is completed, hundreds of custom plush toys will be on display in the lobby/showroom. These toys have been manufactured by our factories for over 20 years. We also stuff, sew, and inspect all goods from this facility. This work is finished prior to transporting product to our Myrtle Beach warehouse, for complimentary domestic storage (orders of 500pcs or less) and/or shipping to door. Please click HERE to schedule your visit. We look forward to meeting you!
Storage/Drop-Shipping Location (not open to the public)
Our customer storage and drop-shipping warehouse is conveniently located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, right next to the Myrtle Beach International Airport, with both Fed Ex and UPS shipping hubs situated within one mile of its location.
Our two-nozzle industrial stuffing machine can stuff your product skins with a 500pcs (per nozzle) daily capacity (based upon 6-8 inch plush time trials) Not only does this capability contribute to USA jobs, but importing unstuffed plush toys can save as much as 50% off of standard plush toy shipping costs.
Our USA stuffed/finished toys also carry a sewn label which reads, “Made in the USA with Imported Materials.” This label meets FTC requirements, and has also previously been cleared through the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
What are the advantages of domestic productions (U.S.) versus overseas production (China)
- Importing products (via ocean freight) takes time. On average, it can take 30 days to ship an order from our overseas factory to your door. With domestic production, the shipping time is reduced to approximately 5-7 days. (Air freight delivery is also a viable overseas option which would greatly reduce import time, however there is an added cost.)
- You are only required to pay for domestic shipping, as there are no additional import or handling fees. Even for minimum quantity import orders, these extra fees can sometimes total hundreds or thousands of dollars. If you choose our China/USA “hyrbid” option (see below) many times your shipping is included from China to our factory.
- Due to our US factory’s size, we can produce most applicable 125-2500pc orders (in some cases) within 1-2 weeks after sample approval.
- When an order is produced domestically, your money is benefiting the U.S. economy. Help put America back to work.
- Fabrics and materials can be domestically fabricated. This means that your item can be marketed as “Made in the USA” or “Made in USA with Imported Materials”, and will carry applicable labels.
What are the disadvantages of domestic production (U.S) versus overseas production (China)
- Generally, domestic production may cost slightly more (per piece) above foreign production costs. If you aren’t sure that your customers are willing to pay the added cost, or if you are working from a limited budget, this issue should be carefully considered.
- While our U.S. factory has access to most commonly used plush fabrics, there are limitations on specialty fabrics. The Chinese marketplace offers a much larger selection.
- When it comes to 100% USA plush, there are design complexity limitations, which may only be rectified through our China “hybrid” option below. *
Are there any other made in the USA options, but without the large expense?
We can fabricate your custom plush design “skins”, which are made from Chinese raw materials. This is known as our “hybrid” option. Upon USA receipt, we can stuff and finish them in our USA factory. This is the most affordable and most requested “Made in the USA” option. The sewn tags would read “Made in USA with Imported Materials”.
We are excited to announce our newest environmental contribution, through the use of recycled polyester fiber in all USA stuffed and finished toys!
Please click HERE to learn more about this exciting addition to our our USA manufacturing operations, which is also available at no extra charge!
Hybrid custom plush toys undergo far more rigorous inspection (at our USA factory) than can be realized overseas. If any defects are discovered, in many cases our seasoned toy engineers can repair on-site! This complimentary service saves our clients the frustration of losing more time and spending more money, as a result of traditional overseas repair/replacement options.
At the present time, 100% USA production is only applicable to simple plush designs (simple animals, shapes, pillows). Upon receipt of your design inquiry, we will review and advise available manufacturing options.
100% USA Plush Reference Images
(images © 2019 Spoonflower)
USA Factory and Warehouse Photos